Technology has evolved a lot over the years, it is safe to say that we are moving very well into a digital era. So, in this era of digitalisation, when you need to build an application, that too from scratch, you require a software stack that is both consistent and standardized. This is where MEAN Stack plays its role.
What is MEAN?
MEAN is an abbreviation and here is what every letter means:
M- MongoDB – NoSQL Database management system that is used by the MEAN Stack framework.
E- Express.JS – Powerful framework that hosts as well as assists Node.js projects.
A- Angular.JS – Open-Source framework which takes care of frontend development, in order to develop interactive web pages.
N- Node.JS – Acts as a backbone and Ensures excellent backend services and boosts the app performance by 50%.
Why is MEAN Stack important?
Here are some features of MEAN Stack that makes it very important in this era of digitalisation:
- MEAN Stack lets developers work in an exclusive executing environment for their client-side and server-side applications. In other words, developers using MEAN Stack are able to write one single code from the server to the client side.
- MEAN Stacks supports the MVC model.
- MEAN Stack offers the best database and web development frameworks in just one single package.
- It allows developers to develop modern, robust, easy to maintain web applications that are fast.
- MEAN Stack provides developers with great employment opportunities for beginners as well as experts of MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js.
Some of the popular websites that are known to use MEAN Stack are Uber, Netflix, LinkedIn, PayPal, Walmart, and Yahoo.
Why should you choose MEAN Stack for your next project?
1. Cost Effective
2. Highly Flexible
MEAN Stack is highly flexible since you are able to develop, test and deploy the applications very easily while facing no issues. It allows the developer to add extra data even after the developer has added a field to the form. MongoDB takes good care of this by offering complete cluster support and automatic replication.
3. High Speed and Reusability
4. Single Language Usage
5. Excellent Performance
Node.js, the main component of the MEAN Stack, is known for its phenomenal performance. As per a lot of developers, this technology is considered to outperform several other backend programming languages including Python, Ruby, etc.
There is no doubt that MEAN Stack is one of the best choices while developing a robust, dynamic web application and it only continues to get better with every passing day. Most of the leading companies that have mobile and web applications are making extensive use of MEAN Stack to deliver great results to their customers.
Sandip Patel – BDE
Author works as BDE at Vindaloo Softtech (VSPL) since 2016. Sandip has 10+ years of work experience in VoIP Software Development Industry. VSPL is VoIP software development and solutions provider that offers FreeSWITCH, Kamailio, OpenSIP, WebRTC and Asterisk Development.